Can I use my personal auto insurance to drive delivery or act as a taxi service?

Q: Can I use my personal auto insurance to cover my delivery job?

A: No. Personal auto insurance does not extend coverage if the vehicle is used in transporting people for fare, or if used in delivery such as a pizza delivery job. You need to get a commercial auto insurance policy for the vehicle because there are exclusions in the personal policy for this type of work. We can provide quotes or more information.

Q: Will my auto insurance cover me as a realtor?

A: Personal auto insurance can extend coverage to people occasionally have clients in their vehicles. It depends on the carrier. You would need to rate your vehicle as business use on the policy with some carriers. Other business use of personal vehicles for other jobs might also be covered this way. Talk with your agent for details.