Shedding Light On Car Insurance Savings
It can be easier than you think to put the brakes on high auto insurance rates — especially when you work with an independent agency like Phillips Insurance. We’ll review your policy with you and help you find ways to save money without compromising your security. Here are some things you may want to consider:
- Allow us to check several companies’ rates for you. This is the single most important thing you can do to get the best possible rate — and we can do it for you quickly and easily. The difference between the highest and lowest rates available to you from different companies can be startling!
- Reduce or drop physical damage coverage on an older car. Depending on your car’s age and where you live, it may not be worth maintaining comprehensive and collision coverage. We can help you decide if it makes sense to reduce or drop this coverage altogether.
- Raise your deductible. According to the Insurance Information Institute, raising your deductible from $200 to $500 could reduce your collision and comprehensive cost by 15 to 30 percent. In addition, because the average driver files a collision claim only once every 10 years, odds are that over the lifetime of your car, a higher deductible will save you money. Let us show you how raising your deductible will lower your premium.
- Look for discounts. Many insurance companies reduce premiums for certain driver traits or car features. You can save if you are a homeowner, a student with good grades, a senior citizen who has taken an approved defensive driving course, or someone who only drives for pleasure. You can also save if your car has antilock brakes, antitheft devices, air bags, etc. Let us check for you!
- Don’t assume having your car and home insured by the same company is the best option. Because auto insurance rates vary so much from company to company, it may make sense for you to have your car and home insured by separate companies. Let’s talk about it.