What happens if I am involved in a motor accident with someone who is uninsured?

As long as you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage or collision coverage, your insurance will cover the damages to your vehicle.   Only uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage pays for damages associated with bodily injury or death from an accident caused by an uninsured, underinsured or hit-and-run driver (as defined by the law in the jurisdiction where the accident occurred) who is at fault.  There is a $100 deductible if you know who caused the damage and a $300 deductible if you do not.   There is no deductible for bodily-injury-only claims.